Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Theatre went dark.

Just like the theatre the blog went dark last week. It was a crazy week! Monday had subs climbing over each other. I just tried to stay out of the way unless summoned for conference. Tuesday, on the other hand, was asphixiating...literally. You'd think in this day and age with all the technology non-oderiferous lacquer would exist (especially in evironmentally sensitive land). Nope! No amount of closed doors, blocked thresholds,tenting or high powered blowers can contend with lacquering wall top caps and 4 bannisters. It reminded me of walking by the little 8'x 8' furniture shops in Hong Kong in the 70's. No wonder we got such good deals.

I escaped for a bit thinking by 10pm the stink would have dissapated with all the windows open. Nope! I held my breath and made it to the bedroom. The fumes weren't quite as strong there but still bad. It was making the ficus droop. I opened all the bedroom windows (it was freezing out, mind you), turned on the fans and electric mattress pad and sat on top of the bed with my coat on debating the wisdom of sleeping in bed or in the closet. The closet didn't sound very comfortable. I donned long underwear, flannel pjs, thermal socks, and put my robe between the blanket and the comforter. I climbed into bed and hoped I would still be alive in the morning. Just to make sure I kept waking up...yup breathing...now shivering...ahhh it's morning.

Wednesday I was still airing things out. Thursday everyone was back clambering to get enough done for 1 photo on Friday for the Tour magazine. Friday I was racing around to set up the vignette and we took the shot. (We will make the extended deadline just barely.) Saturday good friends helped us lug furniture back in.

It's beginning to look more like home. Now if those elves would just show up for work and get the boxes unpacked.

No comments:

Post a Comment