Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Progress stinks!

Progress stinks, literally! It's a kind of plast-icky, dusty, sour sort of smell. (If it was wine it would definitely be corked.) Remember all those holes that the drywall rats ate? They were nicely patched up, taped and and then came the mud (drywall compound). All mud has smells. There nice, not so nice and, stinky (i.e. that found near bovines or volcanic activities). I've popped in on projects during the drywall phase and knew this type of mud had its own odor but never did I realize it really STINKS until I had to live with it 24/7. It took about 4 days to dissapate. Ah, blessed relief just in time for painting.
With the exception of a few, paint nowadays doesn't have much smell. At least the brands that I specify and use. Sometimes, despite the construction specifications, painters take it upon themselves to purchase a different brand. As long as the color is right o.k. I'll let it go. Such is the case with the existing ceiling paint. I wasn't around when the ceiling was painted originally but I was here when it was painted for the remodel. To avoid any litigeous situations I won't mention the brand but, really people, perfumed paint! Pee-Uoooo! There are regulations for low/non VOCs (volatile compounds) and the should be one for scents!

Dust, noise, dirt and smells....Progress....it's all good!

No comments:

Post a Comment