Friday, December 17, 2010

I couldn't wait for Xmas and started unwrapping. Santa gave me permission. He wanted us to stay on schedule. It's the 12 days of Christmas on steroids and the kitchen is taking shape. That first Saturday that it's operational I think I'll cook all day just for the sheer joy of it.

Before we started the project lots of friends said, "oh, lucky you, no cooking for 2 months. You get to dine out". I like dining out but it would have added another $5000 to the budget and with all the extra fat and calories I would be living at the gym. It's a nice gym. They just don't have laptop holders on the elipitical yet. Besides, I love to cook.

When all the dust settles my next project will be a cookbook for construction,"Cooking Construction Style". Catchy title, don't you think?
Hey, don't laugh! You can turn out some very tasty and healthy meals with just a microwave, toaster oven and crockpot in a laundry room. There's an added bonus if you have a rice cooker and a panini maker. We're not talking frozen t.v. dinners here either folks. More along the lines of, "Zuppa di Casa", "Luisa's Paninis" and "Pollo Rosto". If you want the recipes you'll have to buy cookbook (due out sometime in 2011 after I regain my sanity).

No comments:

Post a Comment